The proposals for funding amounts for sports federations for the year 2022 have been prepared in accordance with the Order of the Minister of Sports No. No. 44 dated January 25, 2022 regarding the amendment of Annex No. 2 on the Minister of Sports Medal no. 994/2021, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part One, No. 79 bis on January 26, 2022.
The total amount from the budget of the Ministry of Sports for 2022, approved by the State Budget Law under Title 59.20 – the sums allocated for financing sports programs implemented by sports structures under special law – national sports federations (budget appropriations), is 127,116 thousand lei. This amount is distributed to the following programs:
• P1. Sports performance promotion program
• P3. Sports base maintenance and operation program
• P2. Sports program for all
• P4. The program rediscovers the sheep
• P5. Excellence Program
• P6. Generation 28 program.
The basis for determining the amount of funding for each sports federation was a series of funding criteria aimed at evaluating the value of sports performance on the applicants’ ability to contribute to the achievement of the goals of each general sports program.
“I believe the Evaluation Committee has for the first time been able to budget based on results as a key criterion. The Gold League is a new concept, specifically designed for this purpose, to support and encourage working associations that have potential for the future. Major changes can be seen in the top 10 sports hierarchy, both on Individual or group level Significant increases in funding can also be observed, from 25% as a minimum, to 50% or more, in the case of some federations. Edward Novak, Minister of Sports, said, “I think we must respect the performance and encourage those who achieve results, Funding proposals have been based on these goals.
Thus, for the “Promotion of Sports Performance” program, according to the funding criteria, the national sports federations were evaluated and prioritized taking into account the Golden League, respectively those priority national sports federations and the National Paralympic Committee. They are coordinators of individual sports with great tradition and notoriety in Romania, with high image influence, join the international sports federations participating in the last three editions of the Olympic/Paralympic Games and have at least one event included in their upcoming programme. edition. But also the possibility and continuity of the successful representation of Romania at the Olympic/Paralympic Games. They have also shown exceptional results in their last three editions and in the European and World Championships, as well as impressive results in the fight against doping.
In finance, specific indicators have been applied, including:
• the importance and improvement of competitions in which the National Sports Federation can participate, depending on affiliations or international recognitions;
• Sports performance, respectively, the level of achievement of performance goals, compared to the performance goals estimated in 2021.
• International representation, respectively the level of representation of Romania’s image at the international level.
• The composition of the national lot, which should consist of athletes who have the chances of qualifying for the Olympic Games Paris 2024 and Los Angeles 2028;
• promotion of sports, respectively the level of sports promotion in the media, social networks, etc., and the presence of a strategy for the promotion of sports, respectively of valuable athletes from the sports elite;
• infrastructure, respectively maintenance of the physical bases in the use of unions and the level of expenditures related to the maintenance of the physical base;
• Persons with disabilities – financing the sub-program for people with disabilities, for practicing physical and sports activities, as well as ensuring access to a specific sports infrastructure, appointing a person within the federation to deal with the category of athletes with disabilities, developing an internal competitive calendar, organizing a national championship, training a person to acquire skills National/international qualification.
After analyzing the results of the 2021 sports games, in the Olympic events, the federations with the best results in official international competitions (Olympic Games, World Championships, European Championships) are: Romanian Rowing Federation, with a total of 34 medals, and Romanian Judo. The Federation with 14 medals, the Romanian Table Tennis Federation, with 9 medals, the Romanian Wrestling Federation, the Romanian Federation of Swimming and Modern Pentathlon, with 6 medals each, the Romanian Fencing Federation, the Romanian Cycling Federation. The Romanian Federation of Boxing with three medals, the Romanian Bob and Sledge Federation, with four medals, the Romanian Kayak Canoe Federation, with two medals, and the Romanian Federation of Athletics, with one medal.
Also, an analysis of the ratio between the budget allocated and the number of medals obtained, the hierarchy of the above-mentioned federations, in terms of efficiency in budget spending, in relation to the level of performance achieved, respectively the number of medals, are: Romanian Rowing Federation, Romanian Judo Federation, Federation Romanian Table Tennis, Romanian Cycling Federation, Romanian Boxing Federation, Romanian Wrestling Federation, Romanian Wrestling Federation, Romanian Fencing Federation, Romanian Kayak Federation and Romanian Athletics.
After analyzing and evaluating the eligible funding requests, the authority prepared an analysis and evaluation report, in which it proposed the amounts to be allocated to the national sports federations, which would be submitted to the Minister of Sports for approval. Based on the analysis and evaluation report approved by the Minister of Sports, each national sports federation is notified of the amount approved for financing its sports programmes, after which the national sports federations can submit a financing contract for its conclusion. .
Below are funding proposals for the Golden League and Athletics Leagues. In the second quarter, the Excellence Program will be launched, through a separate selection session, based on projects submitted by national sports federations.
Allocated budget for 2021 Proposal amounts 2022 Total points
Total (thousand lei) Total (thousand lei)
1 FR Boating 11,000 14,550 3,230
2 French Judo 5,200 7,750 1,720
3 FR Table Tennis 6,047 6,775 1,500
4 Wrestling FR 6012 6775 1500
5 FR Modern Swimming Pool & Pentagram 3,350 5,800 1,280
6 Fence FR 5,900 5,850 1,280
7 FR Bob and Sled 2900 4850 1,070
8 FR Box 3,000 4,850 1,070
9 FR Athletics 8000 4850 1070
10 FR Gymnastics 7,500 4,850 1,070
11 FR Cycling 3350 3880860
12 FR Kayak – Canoe 3565 3880860
Budget 2021 (thousand lei) Proposed amount 2022 (thousand lei) Total points
1 FR Basketball 4,727 7,000 1,550
2 FR Handball 5,550 5,800 1,280
3 FR Rugby 8,373 5,800 1,280
4 FR Volleyball 5,177 4,375 970
5 FR Polo 2475 3900860
6 FR Ice Hockey 2030 2900 640
The National Paralympic Committee’s funding offer is 1,700,000 lei.
To get the most important news of the day, broadcast in real time and displayed at an equal distance, like our Facebook page!
Follow Mediafax on Instagram to see amazing photos and stories from around the world!
The content of the www.mediafax.ro website is intended exclusively for your personal information and use. that it forbidden Republish the content of this website in the absence of agreement from MEDIAFAX. To obtain this agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.