Article by Remus Dino – Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2022, 12:22 / Updated on Saturday, June 11, 2022, at 12:42
- Romania plays today, from 21:45, against Finland, the third match of the current edition of the Nations League. match liveTEXT will be on GSP.ro She lives in Antena 1.
For several years in Romania, the Finnish captain revealed how Finalnda doubled its investment in the sport in the past decade, told what are the strengths of the Scandinavian national team and gave unique information about his stay in our country, and declared himself a passionate fan. Simona Halep.
– Hello, Your Excellency! First of all, I’m curious if you’re going to the match tonight.
– Hello and thanks for the invitation. It is not uncommon for me to give interviews to sports publications. Come to think of it, it’s the first thing in my life.
I won’t go to the stadium, but I will watch the match on TV, just because it looks better. However, there are my colleagues from the Finnish Embassy who will be at Giulești Stadium for the match.
What was the mood in Finland before this duel? We are in a deep crisis, but Finland is coming to Romania as the leader of the group.
– In recent years, football has received more attention in Finland, culminating in the qualification of the national team for the Euro 2020 finals. We are confident that our national team will make a good impression in Saturday night’s match.
Margot Akola: “Finland has doubled its investment in sports over the past decade, and now the results are starting to show”
– Timo Bucky? Joel Bohjanpalo? Who should we fear the most?
– Teemu Pukki and Joel Phjanpalo are very valuable players, they are in very good sporting shape, but let’s not forget that football is a team sport.
Finland is known for its fighting spirit, team spirit and much needed unity in these times.
– The Finnish national team has started to produce results in recent years, and we also remember the European qualification you mentioned. Have you started to invest more in this sector and in Finnish sport in general?
– Finland focuses on young people by providing support for those who decide to play show sports. Finland has doubled its investment in sports over the past decade, and now the results are starting to show.
Margot Akola: I have to admit that I’m a fan of Simona Halep
– Besides your diplomatic work, am I curious to know what sports you watch in your spare time? And who will be the athlete you like the most, Finnish or not …
– When I have time, I like to watch skateboarding. I don’t have a specific athlete to admire. I am always proud when a Finnish or Finnish team wins! It was amazing when the ice hockey team won the world championship in May in Tampere.
– Do you have Romanian athletes that you like? If so, who?
– I must admit that I am a fan of Simona Halep, whom I love not only sports performances, but also character, ambition and sacrifice..
“And anyone else?”
– Other Romanian athletes that I have admired over the years are Nadia Comaneci, Eli Nostas and Jorge Hagi, who are such big names in the world of sports that they are known all over the world.
Margot Acola: I appreciate the Roman self-irony
– How do you like life in Romania? What pleasantly surprised you when you lived here? But something unpleasant? Maybe traffic?
– It is difficult to live away from family, and my period of stay in Romania, unfortunately, coincided with the epidemic, assuming some restrictions and isolation.
I still managed to go around the country, And if there is this expression “as much as the way, not the destination,” then I value destinations more than the way to get there.
I saw and loved Cluj, Braشوفov, Sibiu, Timisoara. I appreciate Roman specific self-irony, and a sense of humor being among my favorite qualities.
– He told us some things that Romanians do not have, but find in Finland. Conversely, what do you love about Romania that you didn’t encounter in Finland?
– There are always differences and similarities between countries and people, and there are always pros and cons in each country. I think we have a number of things in common, such as the beautiful nature, the location on the eastern border and the hospitality of the people.
In terms of sports, Finland has the best rally drivers, and Romania has very good tennis players.
– In the end, do you dare to give a prediction for the match in Giulești?
– The best to win! 1-0 to Finland.
In the video, all the information before the duel of Romania and Finland
Read other news about the Romania-Finland match:
Exclusive, the Romanian, who played for Finland’s opponent tonight, analyzed ‘What a weakness the Nordics think they have
Victory or out of the team? The two teams announced at Gazeta: the two surprises prepared by Yordonescu
Romania dressing room unveiled » Atmosphere, broken since meeting: ‘The players in the dressing room are not happy’