In Iai, preparations are being made for the restoration of an emblematic building, popular in Romania but also in Southeast Europe! This announcement was made by the Metropolitan Church of Moldova and Bukovina. A project was submitted to the Directorate of Culture of Iai Province with the aim of restoring and rehabilitating the works in the “Sfinții Trei Ierarhi” monastery, buildings C2 and C3, fence and landscaping. This is the Gothic hall and the enclosure around the monument (especially the area behind it) that overlaps the old wall. Funding can be provided through the National Recovery and Resilience Program
In the city of Iai is a project aimed at restoring the symbol of the famous building in Romania. The decision was made by the Metropolitan Church of Moldova and Bukovina (MMB). A project has been submitted to the District Directorate of Culture (DJC) in Iai, which aims at restoration and rehabilitation work in the “Sfinții Trei Ierarhi” monastery, buildings C2 and C3, fencing and landscaping. This is the Gothic hall and the enclosure around the monument (especially the area behind it) that overlaps the old wall.
Funding can be provided through the National Recovery and Resilience Program (PNRR). At the moment there are discussions and verification of documents in the National Commission on Historic Monuments (CNMI). The project is in the DALI Documentation. Architectural Developer/Designer: Project Manager – Ministry of Culture (MC) Certified Expert – Architect Victor Dan Kisilovic, Architect Georgy Veniamin Bogos, Architect Elena Christina Aileni – SC Graphitectura SRL Structure/Resistance Technical Expertise: Architect Konstantin Fertia – Certified Expert MC – SC Proiectare-Expertizare-Consolidare SRL Electrical installation: Eng. Lucica Gorea – SC El. Gor SRL Heat and sanitary installations: Engineer Răzvan Luciu – SC Air Projects SRL
The Honorable Father Nivor Putuninul, Deputy Archbishop of the Diocese of Iai, has taken the necessary steps to include it in the list of UNESCO Heritage Sites.
It should be noted that Father Nivor Putuninul, Vicar-Bishop of the Diocese of Iaşi, has taken the necessary steps to have the famous place included in the list of heritage targets of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Worship, i.e. the chief priests of the Holy Mother.” The great bishop is also the abbot of the valuable institution built by the great ruler Vasili Lobo. The file is now in the National Heritage Institute (INP). The “Three Holy Priests” monastery in Iai is a valuable architectural monument in Romania ( LMI code IS-II-aA-04076), as it is located in the traditional center of Iași, on tefan cel Mare şi Sfânt (formerly Uliță Mare) street.
The “Trisfetitelor” church, as it is also known, was built by Governor Vasile Lupu, between 1637-1639, as a royal tomb, reflecting the founder’s aspirations to the Byzantine world, combining traditional structures and forms with precious materials and lavish decor. During the early years of his reign, when the Patriarchate of Constantinople was in a critical situation – wracked with debts, and dominated by intrigue and turmoil, Vasily Lobo intervenes and tries to restore things. He later paid off the debts of the Holy Sepulcher and the monasteries on Mount Athos and made numerous donations as an initiator of Orthodox Christian worship and charity work in Poland, Bulgaria, and Greece.
The monument to the “Three Heads” extensively follows the plan of the 16th century Moldavian churches
The Monument to the Three Heads follows the layout of churches in Moldova from the 16th century. It has a triangular plan influenced by the Galata Church, but with an additional tower above the portico. The vault, respecting the innovative Moldovan vault building system, consists of two superimposed logs of 4 vault arches and 8 vault arches respectively arranged obliquely which, together with the pendants above them, succeed in reducing the diameter of the bell tower. Outside, on the facades, the arrangement of the decorative elements reminds of the chapel of the Dragomirna Monastery (Moldova 1606-1609) and the division of the facade with the help of a belt found in the monasteries of Montania.
The influence of Transylvanian Gothic appears in many places: in the buttresses, in the stone reinforcements of the windows, in the profile of the doors, frames with sticks and arches in the arches. The decoration is varied: deep niches with enveloping arches according to oriental styles, columns like those of Russian churches, Persian vessels from which flowering branches grow, and geometric ornaments found in both Georgia and Armenia. The façade divided by a twisted string belt is framed by two marble bands decorated in the Renaissance or Baroque style. The painting was drawn by the most famous craftsmen: Sedov Pospiev, Iakop Gavrilov, together with the Moldovan painters Nikolai Zografo Sel Patran and Stefan.
The relics of Saint Parasheva, sent by the Patriarchate and the Council of Constantinople to Constantinople, were brought to the “Three Chief Priests” in June 1641.
The relics of St. Parasheva, sent by the Patriarchate and the Council of Constantinople, were brought to the “Three Chief Priests” in June 1641. He was plundered and burned by the invaders of the East (1650) and the North (1686), shaken by earthquakes (1711, 1781, 1795, 1802), It would be restored between 1882-1887 (architecture), and painting and interior design continued until 1898. Along with the founders, itinerant Voivodeship scholar Dimitri Cantemir (1710-1711) and the first ruler of Romania, Alexandru Ioan Cuza (1859-1866) were isolated in the “Three Principals” “. In the churchyard a monastery was built, from which today you can see the building with the Gothic hall, the ancient “Schola Basiliana”, which is a testament to the richness of cultural life of that time. The first printed work (in Greek) from Moldova and the famous “Kazani” of Metropolitan Varlam appeared here. During restoration work carried out by the architect André Lecomte du Nouy between 1882 and 1890, the original interior painting of the “Three Writer” was destroyed. The history of the “Three Priests” monastery goes back almost 4 centuries.
Therefore, in Iai, preparations are being made for the restoration of a symbolic building famous throughout Romania.